Friday, February 1, 2013

29 Faces for February

I think I might post one new face and one of the older ones, each day (until I run out of older ones, maybe?).  That is, until I get to the twenty-ninth that will have to go in on the 28th of February.  

So... for today, I sketched "Mad-Eye" Moody (Alistor Moody, the Auror and temporary Professor of Defense Against the Dark Arts at Hogwarts) and I feel fairly good about this one.  The somewhat older one (undated, but from a couple weeks ago, at the most) is of Dobby, the House Elf.  The first is from the movie, "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire," movie #4.   The other is from movie #2, "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets."

I also tried sketching the Weasley twins today, but they came out HORRID.  I'll try again soon!

OK, they did not load in the order I said above.  Mad-eye and the Elf should be easy enough to keep straight, even for someone not familiar with the books or movies.  The difference between the bluish and the brownish has to do with flash or no flash to take a photo of the work.  Both are pencil sketches on the same type of white paper.  (8.5"x11" from the same sketchbook.  The pages all come loose now, by the time the sketch is finished.)

No comments: