Sunday, March 3, 2013

Harry Potter Sketches, continued

I'm beginning to suspect I have developed a Late-life onset of OCD.  Can't quite stop sketching!  HA!

I prefer the Epilogue's version of Ginny to all others, as I like seeing her as a mature woman.  However, I seem to have done a nice portrait of somebody... just not of Bonny Wright, as Ginny.  I didn't quite catch her likeness.

For what it's worth, here is that one:  

 


I personally prefer the next one.

The Battle of Hogwarts is about to commence; forces are gathering, on both sides.   Tonks has found Remus on the castle battlements -- "You shouldn't have come!" he cries, concerned that their son needs her more.  She assures him that Teddy will sleep til dawn, and snore like his father.  She tenderly brushes his beard with her hand, "It's you that needs me tonight!"   

I am so disappointed that this scene was deleted from the movie, but glad that it was at least included in the dvd Features of deleted scenes.  It's a very touching moment.  While sketching, I noticed that there were archways, receding into the background, between them.   I think it speaks eloquently of the depth of their commitment and love for each other, and it foreshadows the portals they will soon enter.  Another glimpse of foreshadowed story is the twins, distant in the archways, but I left them out of this composition.  This is solely about Tonks and Remus.


                 "It's YOU that needs me, tonight!"

No comments: