Thursday, October 13, 2011

OK... the art show didn't happen, at least not for me. I've been sick for two and a half weeks, and was being seen by a doctor as the show was opening. Getting better now, but the first two weeks were rough; I even lost time from work. Won't go into the gory details, but it was nasty. Almost gone now. I'll make a point of volunteering for the next art show, though. I was getting psyched about this one. It was a small show, great for taking a first step and "getting my feet wet." Next time, for sure!

I did manage to finish an HPC swap item, and mail it out. For some reason, she doesn't seem to have gotten it yet, and I'm getting concerned. I won't post it here, since it wouldn't be fair for you to see it before she does, right?

Progressing slowly on the current posable doll project. She's all constructed, and now needs to have her costume finished (close!) and some accessories, before I wig her. She's human, not a fairy, so there'll be no wings on this one. What I'm dreading is finishing her shoes. I formed her feet to accommodate a bit of a heel to her shoe, and now I'm sorry I did! Well, I'll just do the best I can, and we'll see where that takes me! She'll be Eowyn, from LOTR, The Two Towers. This is the scene where she's in her uncle's castle, being watched by Wormtongue. I have a lovely green fabric that will suffice for her green dress. Her hair will be Tibetan lamb, which I've already dyed, but cannot apply to her head yet. I want to do another of her, in my favorite scene of the movie: Eowyn's slaying of the Witch King of Angmar, in Return of the King. LOVE that scene! But for now, this one will have to suffice. I still tire quickly.

No comments: