Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Eowyn





I do intend to make two of these, the second one probably next year, though I have the armature done for it. It's Eowyn, Shieldmaiden of Rohan, and niece to King Theoden, in Lord of the Rings. She looks more or less like Miranda Otto, who played Eowyn in the movies. I have taken a few liberties with her dress and accessories, since I can't possibly duplicate, but I'm fairly close.
When we first meet her, Eowyn is a rather sad Lady of the Court of Rohan, though quite lovely. There is a scene in the movie where the court villain and Eowyn's brother are discussing her. She turns to face them, perhaps aware they're talking about her, but not knowing exactly what. That is the moment that inspired this sculpt. It's a posable art doll, so I could put her in other positions, such as seated, or holding a sword, as she does in another scene.

This doll is about 18" tall, not counting the base. The base needs a bit more work, but I needed to show completed photos of the doll itself, by today. So these are a few of the pics I took last night.

No comments: