Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Yippeeeeeee!!!  I'm sketching!  
(Whew!  Glad I got THAT out of my system, LOL!)

Actually, I did the first one several weeks ago, when I picked up some new, darker pencils.  The other two I did this morning, because it's RAINING! and once again I can't get out into my gardens to do any constructive work.

Here, from Pirates of the Caribbean 4, On Stranger Tides, is Captain Edward Teach (better known to us as Blackbeard the Pirate).  Played brilliantly in the movie by Iain Mc Shane.  



The other two sketches are from "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey".   I'll be doing a series from the uhh, series of Hobbit movies.  Here are Thorin and Bert (not to be confused with Ernie and Bert!).


Thorin Oakenshield, son of Thrain, son of Thror, King Under the Mountain.  Here, we have just heard Balin recount the story of Thorin's courage in the battle between the dwarves and the orcs, at Moria.  Thorin is portrayed by Richard Armitage.

 

Bert the Troll, asking for a bit of appreciation for his culinary skills.   I do LOVE drawing and sculpting trolls!!!

No comments: