Sunday, August 28, 2011

Next project?

Well, I have a new doll started, and ideas for a few more. Furthermore, it's time I finished a number of WIPs (Works In Progress) that have been languishing for ... well, way too long. So... that's where my head is right now; these are all in the style and technique that Wendy Froud uses and shows on her dvd. (I don't have the second of her dvds, but have been told the construction techniques are the same as the first one.)
The first will be Eowyn, the shieldmaiden of Rohan, niece to the King. In fact, I'd like to do two of Eowyn: one in a lovely dress, as the sad noblewoman of the court at Edoras, and one in (almost) full armor, after she has removed her helmet to show the Nazgul (boooo, hissssss, booooo!) that she is a woman. My favorite scene of the whole trilogy! However, she does ruin it very slightly by swinging that sword like a chick. But hey, it's a damned big sword! (Claymore?) I can cut her a bit of slack for that. Still love the scene!
There will likely be others completed before she is, so look for them first!
~Janet

No comments: