Friday, February 4, 2011

Thestral and Hagrid


Did a sketch of Hagrid, my favorite character from the Harry Potter series.

I paused the dvd at the point when Hagrid is telling the Dursleys that Harry would be attending Hogwarts under the finest headmaster Hogwarts had ever seen, "Albus Dumbledore!" He says it with fierce pride and loyalty, and it shows on his face (Coltrane does a fine job portraying Hagrid) and that moment is SO quintessentially Hagrid! It's just a quick sketch, but I may have caught a little of that. I was having ink problems, so did the sketch in multiple pens and colors (2 black, a purple and a red). Not altogether a good solution, but not horrid either. The photo makes me see things I didn't see on the paper, so I may change a little here and there. More than likely, I'll make more sketches of him.





A bit of progress on the thestral -- the head is baked, but there'll be some tweaking yet.



No comments: